[Tlhingan-hol] The Lord's Prayer

Michael Roney, Jr. PKT nahqun at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 19:24:58 PDT 2012

Ugh.
I spent all last week in court as a juror and have fallen behind on
almost everything.

Trying to catch up now.

I believe our current translation looks like this:

9 Our Father which art in heaven,

Suto'vo'qorDaq Dabbogh vavma';

Hallowed be thy name.

ponglIj quvmoHlu'jaj

10 Thy kingdom come.

wo'lIj cherlu'jaj

((I looked at each of the suggestions for the previous two lines with
the intent of picking a pair that rhymed. I think this pair fits
best.))

Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Suto'vo'qor rurchoHjaj tera', chutlIj loblu'mo'.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

DaHjaj tIr ngoghmaj ghonobneS.

12 And forgive us our debts,

 'ej yemmeymajmo' ghobIjneSQo';

as we forgive our debtors.

maHvaD yembogh nuvpu' DIbIjbe'mo'.

13 And lead us not into temptation,

ghotlhu'moHneSQo',

but deliver us from evil:

'ach mIghwI'vo' ghotoDneS.

For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.

reH SoHvaD taHmo' wo', HoS je, batlh je.

taHjaj wo'

((I don't understand what {taHjaj wo'} is doing here.
I admit it would be cool to include it, I just don't see what function
it serves.
I may have misunderstood the suggestion.))

Amen.

qaSjaj.

((While I wasn't the one who originally suggested {'amen}, it hadn't
actually occurred to me to translate the meaning as I'm used to
Hawaiian which simply transliterates it.
I'll agree that after looking up the meaning of the term, {qaSjaj} is
a good fit.}}

((And hopefully tomorrow will be the last day of the trial...))

~'anan naHQun

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.
Professional Klingon Translator