[Tlhingan-hol] Suto'vo'qor lojmIt

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Apr 27 06:13:56 PDT 2012

For "unsheathe", AFAIK no.  People have used both {teq} "remove" (never used in canon) and {lel} "get out, take out" (used only once):

  ngIq tonSaw' lo' 'ej tIqDu' lel
  In one single move, he removed the hearts. (PB, paq'raD, canto 23)

{luH} "yank" would work in the right context, e.g.

  pe'vIl vaHvo' yanDaj luH SuvwI' QeH

For "sheathe", I think all we have is {lan} "place, put", e.g.

  vaHDaq yanDaj lan SuvwI'

{qat} "wrap, encase" or *{qatmoH} works in a slightly different sense of the word, e.g.

"It [the scout ship] was sheathed in special materials that rendered it invisible."
  (Bele, TOS "Let that Be Your Last Battlefield")

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons