[Tlhingan-hol] Court words

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 23 06:45:26 PDT 2012

Most of the obvious words have been identified.  I would add:

DIb  		privilege, right (n)
'oD  		arbitrate, mediate (v)
'oDwI'  	arbitrator, arbiter (n)
wuq  		decide (upon) (v)
wuqHa'  	commute (v)

Judges seem to be called "magistrates" - translated as {loHwI'} from {loH} "administer" - at least in the 22nd century.  Archer's trial on Narendra III(?) for conspiring against the Klingon Empire and fomenting revolt was presided over by a magistrate (ENT "Judgment") who used a spherical gavel {pach moQ}.  Magistrates were again mentioned in ENT "Affliction" when at the genetic research facility on the Qu'Vat Colony the bound Klingon prisoner cried out:

  loHwI' vISuch 'e' vIpoQ!  vImuHlu' net wuqHa'!
  I demand to see the magistrate!  My death
  sentence was commuted!

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons