[Tlhingan-hol] bIQong'eghqangchoHmoHlaH(?)pu'neSchugh

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Fri Apr 13 11:21:58 PDT 2012

1. -law' is a V6, or did you just add it?

2. I find it more useful just to know a number of shorter, but useable words and they do cement the suffixes in their proper order for you, so it just becomes wrong-sounding to try and say paSloghlIjHey or whatever. Also a stint of being BG where you're constantly sending people to section numbers and referring to mojaqmey as V6 or N1 helps.

Some grammatical pieces are cemented in my head from the first time  I needed to say them in public. I remember mentally consulting the prefix table to say, "chequvmoH, retlho'," and "lIghIj'a'?" (and Seqram laughing at me because he saw my reason for the pause before the latter).

I don't think there's a magic bullet though. Speak. Write. Read. (Tead my story, she wheedles, it has lots of verbs). Holmaj yItIvtaH. vabDot qawchoHpu' iPhonewIj'e', tlhIngan Hol vIlo'taHmo'.

Oh and a tip for iPhone/iPod users. Switch your keyboard into Icelandic when typing in Klingon, to prevent autocorect from stealing your apostrophes. You can cycle back to English with one tap if you need it for your spelling and typos in English.

- Qov

Sent from a mobile device through a temporary connection.