[Tlhingan-hol] swimming Teddy-bears in Klingon

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Sep 30 06:52:46 PDT 2011

TKW 35:   The negative associations with water might also be seen when Worf remarked to Counselor Deanna Troi, "Swimming is too much like bathing."

KGT 91:   The verb {HaH} [...] is now often used in the more general sense of "soak, drench". It is frequently heard in the reflexive form ({HaH'egh} "soak oneself") in reference to such activities as drinking a great deal, which has positive connotations, and bathing, an occasional undertaking with negative connotations.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons