[Tlhingan-hol] Hoghvam qaSpu' (2011-09-17)

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Sep 22 06:11:40 PDT 2011

bI'reng:
>> I couldn't figure out how to translate "headquarters"

'ISqu':
> chaq Qap {SeHyaH nIv}. ST5 novelization-Daq mu'meyvam lulo'lu'.
> "Operations Command" lu'oS. 'ach chaq "canon" bIHbe'.

  HoD, yo' SeHyaH nIvvo' potlh De' wIHevtaH
  Captain, we are receiving a priority message from [Fleet] Operations
  Command. (ST5 notes)

Another option is {ra'ghomquv} "High Command":

KGT 51-52:  The official Klingon {QI'} is the Klingon Defense Force, or {tlhIngan Hubbeq}, which is run by the Klingon High Command, or {tlhIngan ra'ghomquv}.  [...]  The highest military officer, the head of the Klingon High Command, is the {la'quv}, usually translated Supreme Commander.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons