[Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' cha'maH jav

Qov qov at flyingstart.ca
Sun Sep 18 22:59:15 PDT 2011

At 21:53 18/09/2011, lab ghunchu'wI':
>lut 'ay'vam vIlaDtaHvIS DaHjaj jIH bel law' cha'Hu' jIH bel puS.

jIbel. chaq wa'Hu' vItI'laH.

> > 'ungya HIvchugh DeghwI' vImunbe' Qub HoD. 'oy' qotlhchoH. [9]
>
>mI' vItu'pa', mumonHa'moH lo'vam.

tlheghvetlh vIchoHta'. DaH:

<'ungya HIvchugh DeghwI' vImunbe'> Qub HoD. bojchoH

> > [6] Yeah, culturally speaking the red/green status thing is lazy, but it's
> > not like the Klingons have a lot of colours to choose from. Maybe it's
> > orange for bad and blue for good, anyway.
>
>The on-screen displays I recall have mostly red-orange text with
>yellow apparent highlights. That suggests the reverse of how you
>described it.

I'm afraid I'll miss something if I try to change it now, and make it
worse. Next ship.

> > [7] Does this work okay for you? It seems that <tlhoy Hembe'> means "too
> > much not proud" and not "not too proud," so I had to go with 'Iq. Other
> > options? Would <tlhoyHa' Hem> do it for anyone? <'Iqbe' le'yo'>, but that's
> > the same thing as I have.
>
>...'ach 'eDjen mojbe'.
>...'ach mIyrupbe'ba'.
>...'ach le'yo'Daj SeHchu'.

While I was looking at it I suddenly realized that what I meant in
the first place had been 'ach tlhobvIpbe'. So I put that.

> > [9] Not strictly a verb of speaking, but if I put it in quotes it
> looks like
> > he said it, and he only thought it. How else might I do it?

The line is now:
Qub HoD. ja''egh <'ungya HIvchugh DeghwI' vImunbe'>  bojchoH.

I finished 'ay''a' loSDIch, which means it's now time to rip it apart
and write it over again.  I removed all the parts that didn't fit
comfortably last night and thought I was done, but I read it again
tonight and nothing happens! Aargh. I at least must ensure that
nothing happens in a fun and suspenseful way. :-)

Or maybe I should just aim for grammatically correct.

- Qov