[Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' cha'maH vagh

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Sat Sep 17 06:47:58 PDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Robyn Stewart <robyn at flyingstart.ca> wrote:
> HoS 'och Qaw' je''eghghach.[7]
> [7] Too cute? Do you like it or hate it? I needed technobabble. The English
> equivalent is one of my favourite technobabble words.

vImuS.

While I understand it all without straining too hard, much of this
section reads like a translation of a story originally composed in
English. I couldn't just scan and comprehend as I did in previous
sections. I had to translate, analyze, and recognize the simple
technical term that had been carefully described. It's not as much fun
to do that as it would have been for me ten years ago.

Unstable thruster oscillations and feedback in the power transfer
conduit are fine sources of danger to the ship and crew. You did a
great job describing them. However, the descriptions are not simple,
and dealing with that complexity as a reader interferes with my
enjoyment of the story. I'd have liked it better if the ship suffered
a malfunction that more closely aligns with the vocabulary at hand.

'ej wa'Hu' jaj qab vISIQpu'. jIqej. chaq cha'Hu' lut 'ay'vam vItIv.
chaq wa'leS vItIv. 'ach DaHjaj vIlaD 'ej jIbep.

-- ghunchu'wI'