[Tlhingan-hol] TalkNow an pears

Lieven Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Oct 13 14:20:26 PDT 2011

Hi klingon friends,

I did some experiments to answer some questions. Here is what I found out:

1. You cannot install the downloadable version (TN DL) if you have no internet access. You can download the install software, but during install, it will ask for an internet connection. It will also ask for an Adobe install of AIR, which you can install when not connected.

2. When TN DL is installed corectly, you can keep using it even without your internet connection.

3. Talk Now from CD (TN CD) only works with your CD in the drive. I found no way to switch it.

NOTE: the following is only for advanced computer users and you should not mess around with software like this. Perhaps you better stop reading here.

.
..
.

4. A solution is to copy the complete date-folder of the CD onto your hard drive. It's about
540 MB, so not so much. (but it takes some time because it's a lot of files) If you did so, TN will ask for the CD *every time* you start it. You then tell him the drive where you saved the files and it will work. Without CD! It seems to remember wehre those files were, so it's just one more click.

5. If you did what's described above, you can fix the pear problem yourself. Find the file mentioned "fd22 .png" and rename it to "fd22.png" (i.e. without the blank space). I know it works, I did it.

6. Now if you have too much time on your hands, you can change any of the background images you see! They are just basic png-images, so just go ahead, open them with mspaint and draw your own images. But don't tell anyone it was me who told you!

Enjoy the software and learn Klingon now!

This message was only an information. I'm not telling you to fool around with the software. Please remember copyright issues. If you have problems using the software, then contact EuroTalk Ltd. and ask for a new copy.

Quvar
aka
Lieven.