[Tlhingan-hol] 2 letter language code for Klingon?

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Wed Oct 5 13:00:00 PDT 2011

>> "But the comment from Michael Everson, whose contributions to the recognition of Klingon as a true language are undeniable, and whose expertise in the fields of typography and fontography is obvious, was extremely patronizing."
>
> From this splendid sarcasm I conclude that your use of "Mr" was not as a term of respect.

You are again reading something that was not written.

It's not sarcasm. It is honest and devoid of snarkiness. It's an
explanation of why I chose to refer to you using an honorific rather
than presuming to be on a first-name basis with you. Your efforts
resulted in the widespread use of a recognized region of the Unicode
Private Use Area for the Klingon alphabet. You, more than any other
person, are responsible for the ISO-639-2 langage code "tlh". I
appreciate that wholeheartedly.

You also obviously know your stuff in the realm of typographic
technology (though I'm still amused by the fact that you complained
about errors in a font file that worked perfectly for everyone else,
and you eventually admitted that it worked for you as well, but the
"corrected" file you provided would not install on at least two
people's systems).

In any case, I'm done worrying about the difference between things
that are all a representation of the same thing.