[Tlhingan-hol] 2 letter language code for Klingon?

Michael Roney, Jr. PKT nahqun at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 12:16:48 PDT 2011

Okrand may or may not have approved of the pIqaD in either the CD-ROM
or Monopoly.

What I do know is that beginners are going to pick up this software
and be presented with what appears to be the official Klingon writing
system.

For the first time since its creation, people will be learning Klingon
and pIqaD at the same time and from the same source.

We sometimes forget who else is in charge. Okrand doesn't have to say
it's official; CBS/Paramount just did.
And CBS/Paramount are the one's who hired Okrand in the first place.

At this point it doesn't really matter to me if it's official or not.
I've been using it for years and so have tons of other people and projects.
Even if Okrand stands up at the next qep'a' and denounces it; we'll
keep using it in the same semi-official status that we have been, and
it will still be presented to newcomers in the CD-ROM and still be on
the Monopoly box.

The only way anything will change is if Okrand accepts this system or
gives us a different one.
At which point we'll stop going 'round and 'round or learn how to read
pIqaD all over again.

~naHQun

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.