[Tlhingan-hol] 2 letter language code for Klingon?

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Tue Oct 4 10:05:20 PDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Michael Everson <everson at evertype.com> wrote:
> On 4 Oct 2011, at 16:37, lojmIt tI'wI'nuv wrote:
>
>> In Klingon, {tlh} is ONE letter.
>
> I'm fairly sure that you mean "the trigraph <tlh> refers to a single sound".

Since lojmIt tI'wI'nuv is speaking about Klingon, what he said was
obviously exactly what he meant. See the introductory remarks to the
lexicon in The Klingon Dictionary: "Note that {ch}, {gh}, {ng}, and
{tlh} are considered separate letters."

Whether or not other language references calls it a trigraph is
unimportant, and we do not hear those words.

-- ghunchu'wI'