[Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' loSmaH

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Sun Oct 2 11:42:36 PDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Qov <robyn at flyingstart.ca> wrote:
> "yIpol. lI' logh Sut," jatlh HoD.

wa' DaS DeS Qaw'ta' 'ungya. latlh pollaHmo' Do'.

> DeghwI' vaD jatlh "lojmIt cha' yIpoSmoH."

(lojmIt 'emDaq Duj chu' tu''a'? 'ermey neH tu''a'?)

> ghunchu'wI' is right, I should have used lomHey yesterday, and have
> changed that in the online version at http://nuqbopbom.blogspot.com).

I don't think it was a wrong choice, either grammatically or for the
purpose of the story. It just means 'ungya failed to doubt his earlier
conclusion after he saw that 1) the hole in the hull was a lot larger
than the utility hatch, and 2) a suited man *did* exit the ship.

> I guess this all is cultural, not linguistic, so doesn't belong here, but
> you're all off playing EuroTalk games in Klingon and not reading this
> anyway, right?

Having not yet received it, my games are mostly speculative questions,
along the lines of "Let's see if one of the XXX XX XXXmey she
mentioned is named Успех." Then "I wonder if some of the new
vocabulary will let us talk better about patterns and textures."

-- ghunchu'wI'