[Tlhingan-hol] O for a Muse of fire

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 00:24:28 PST 2011

At the qepHom in Saarbrücken, MO gave us a hint on Gowron's speech from the
opening of the  Star Trek: Klingon computer game.  He said it's the opening
lines of a Shakespearean play.

After some effort, maHvatlh (Zrajm) and I figured out that the play is
Henry V.  The opening line is:

'o 'oghlu'meH qul
O for a Muse of fire

MO confirmed the play and the correctness of that specific line.  However,
we were not able to recover the original beyond this other than a few
scattered words and fragments.

Also, a subsequent search revealed that qurgh had made the same conjecture
about the identity of the passage earlier.

Does anyone wants to look at that passage from Henry V and give a go at
reconstructing the original Klingon?