[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jaw

David Trimboli david at trimboli.name
Thu Nov 3 08:58:15 PDT 2011

On 11/3/2011 11:34 AM, ghunchu'wI' 'utlh wrote:

> The Klingon Dictionary actually gives examples of verbs of saying near
> the end of Section 6.2.5. "Sentences as objects":
>
>      "Similarly, with verbs of saying (say, tell, ask, etc.),..."
>
> It's describing Klingon grammar, not English, so I'm not worried by
> the fact that it didn't list {jatlh}, {ja'}, {tlhob}, etc.

I haven't got the HolQeD article handy, but I'm pretty sure Okrand
specifically said that {tlhob} is not a verb of saying.

In any case, Okrand's examples of verbs of saying in TKD are in English,
not Klingon. If he meant the Klingon words, he'd have said them. He was
simply explaining what "verbs of saying" are, not listing valid ones.

http://www.trimboli.name/