[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: HIj

David Trimboli david at trimboli.name
Wed Nov 2 07:22:38 PDT 2011

On 11/2/2011 10:16 AM, Steven Boozer wrote:

>    rura' pente'Daq Soj, Doch,<luch?>  vIqIch
>    "We is condemning [[sic! for {vIHIj}] food...
>     things and supplies to Rura Penthe." ST6
>
> N.B. This was an intentionally bad translation by Okrand because Uhura's Klingon was rusty.

In a world of Universal Translators, her Klingon was probably
nonexistent. In which case she did a pretty good job!

I wish I could peek inside those books they were using to do the
translation. (Why were they using books instead of reading the
information from a computer screen? Where is the library on the Enterprise?)

http://www.trimboli.name/