[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Human

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Nov 1 07:12:44 PDT 2011

> Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, November 01, 2011
>
> Klingon word: Human
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: human

As used in canon:

HaDlu'meH, QuSlu'meH, SuDlu'meH lojmIt Da logh Hop Hut tengchaH. vaj loghDaq lenglaHtaH Humanpu'
space station Deep Space Nine is the gateway for the exploration, intrigue and enterprise that mark the continuation of the human adventure into space... (S99)

qagh, ro'qegh'Iwchab, targh tIq Sop 'e' lungIl Humanpu' puS
Few humans dare to eat gagh, rokeg blood pie, or heart of targ. (S21)

SoHvaD pagh vIjatlh, Human.
Human I have nothing to say to you, human. (ENT "Affliction")

N.B. {tera'ngan} "Terran, Earther [Earthling])" is the preferred term - 19 examples to 3 in my notes - no doubt because it's the expected compound with {ngan} "inhabitant".

"'Human rights.' Even the name is racist. The Federation is basically a 'homo sapiens' only club..." (Azetbur being diplomatic, ST6)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons