[Tlhingan-hol] A Klingon Christmas Carol -- wab ta yIQoy

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 23:14:41 PST 2011

qurgh:
> That's looks good except his name is spelt SQuja' and there shouldn't be
an 'e' an the end of HIvje'wIj. The script also has the line tlhIngan
SoH'a' as tlhIngan SoH qar'a', but I can't listen to the audio to know if
he says 'a' or qar'a' in this recording.

Is the script publicly available?  Since I can't get the DVD, I'd love to
read it.

I wrote *{SI'Quja} instead of {SQuja'} because I thought a Klingon name
can't begin with {SQ} even if it sounds that way, and the final glottal
stop isn't clear.  They basically say "Scrooja".

The actor actually flubbed {HIvje'wIj} and said something that sounded like
*{HIvwIjje'} (i.e., he transposed two syllables).  I wrote down
{HIvje'wIj'e'} to be a bit generous, and what he said could've passed for
that.