[Tlhingan-hol] {Hotlh} and {ghoS}

David Trimboli david at trimboli.name
Tue Dec 20 06:04:28 PST 2011

On 12/20/2011 6:58 AM, De'vID jonpIn wrote:

> They also strike me as highly ambiguous, especially {Hotlh}: anything
> I can scan, I can project on screen, and vice versa.

I don't feel a strong link between scanning with a tricorder and
projecting something on a screen. Yes, you can put your scanned data on
a screen, but this doesn't seem to me a particularly strong reason to
assume the two words {Hotlh} are related. Maybe they are, but there's
not enough evidence to assume they are.

Hoqra'lIj yIlo'; Dep yIHotlh
Scan the creature with your tricorder.

nurI'chugh jaghla', yIHotlh
If the enemy commander hails us, put him on screen.

http://www.trimboli.name/