[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: QoD

Terrence Donnelly terrence.donnelly at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 11 10:54:22 PST 2011

--- On Sun, 12/11/11, Robyn Stewart <robyn at flyingstart.ca> wrote:

> I call this using differential power.
> Maybe also the engines themselves can swivel, like on a ship
> I was on recently, where there was no DerwI' but each
> propellor was mounted on a maneuverable HanDogh.
>
> So Duj vIQoD means "I manoeuvre the ship using the engines"
> (as opposed to with the rudder)?

It's a theory. It could also refer to using impulse power, for example, to maneuver into a spacedock. You as an aircraft pilot would not be likely to use anything similar, but I think a spaceship in weightlessness behaves more like a ship on water than a craft in the air within a gravity well.

--ter'eS