[Tlhingan-hol] New to the language - word lists and use of words out of normal language

Josh Badgley joshbadgley at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 1 04:26:53 PST 2011

Based on my limited experience, having mastered the 500 words recommended by the KLI for the Certification and having studied TKD and KGT carefully, you can probably start reading and build up your vocabulary that way.  I'd really recommend you order a copy of ghIlghameS by Roger Cheesboro, it's absolutely excellent.  Not only is it a perfect Klingon reader for beginners, it's just a damn good translation...I've already read it about four times.  Also, Agnieszka Solska's Klingon translation of the Tao Te Ching is simple enough to understand, yet profound (dare I say chong) enough to keep you hooked.  You should also try your hand at reading back issues of Qo'noS QonoS from the KLI website.  It's great practice and great fun and it really boosts your self-confidence when you can read and understand Klingon.

-- toDQun